1. Flexible PU
(1) Cushion material - Such as seats, sofas, mattresses, etc., polyurethane soft foam is a very ideal cushion material and cushion material is also the application field with the largest amount of flexible foam;
(2) Sound-absorbing material - Open-cell polyurethane soft foam has good sound absorption and shock absorption functions, it can be used as indoor sound insulation material;
(3) Fabric composite materials - Shoulder pads, bra sponges, make-up sponges; toys, etc.
2. Rigid PU
(1) Freezing and refrigerating equipment - Such as refrigerators, freezers, cold storage, refrigerated trucks, etc., polyurethane rigid foam is the most ideal insulation material for refrigerating equipment;
(2) Insulation of industrial equipment - Such as storage tanks, pipelines, etc.;
(3) Building materials - In developed countries in Europe and America, rigid polyurethane foams for construction account for about 70% of the total consumption of rigid foams, which is more than double the amount of rigid foams such as refrigerators and freezers. In China, the application of rigid foam in the construction industry is not as common as in western developed countries, so the potential for development is very large;
(4) Transportation industry - Such as car roof, interior parts (steering wheel, instrument panel), etc.;
(5) Imitation wood - High density (density 300-700kg/m3) polyurethane rigid foam or glass fiber-reinforced rigid foam is structural foam plastic, also known as imitation wood.It has the characteristics of high strength, good toughness, dense and tough crust, simple molding process, and high production efficiency. It has higher strength than natural wood and lower density than natural wood. It can replace wood for various high-end products.
3. Semi-rigid PU
(1) Energy-absorbing foam - Energy-absorbing foam has excellent shock absorption, cushioning performance, good compression load resistance and deformation recovery performance and its most typical application is for the preparation of automobile bumpers;
(2) Integral Skin Foam-used to prepare soft internal functional parts and internal trim parts such as automobile steering wheels, armrests, and headrests. Self-skinning foam products usually use reaction injection molding (RIM) processing technology;
(3)Microcellular elastomers - the most typical application of polyurethane microcellular elastomers is in the shoe industry.
4. PU Elastomers
(1) Casting polyurethane elastomer (CPU for short) is the most widely used and the largest output among polyurethane elastomers;
(2) Thermoplastic polyurethane elastomer (TPU for short) accounts for about 25% of the total polyurethane elastomer;
(3) Mixed polyurethane elastomer (referred to as MPU)-about 10% of the total amount of polyurethane elastomer;
(4) Solid tires; printing and conveying rubber rollers; pressing rubber rollers; oil seals, gasket ball joints, bushing bearings; O-rings; support pads; soles, back roots, toe caps; linings; gears, etc., in different application fields, The range of hardness of the selected elastomer is different.
(5) Application in mining, metallurgy and other industries-sieve plates, shakers, etc.
(6) Application in the automotive industry like tires, sealing rings, etc.;
(7) Application in light industry - Polyurethane sole material, polyurethane synthetic leather, polyurethane fiber;
(8) Application in the construction industry-waterproof materials, paving materials, potting materials, etc.
|Previous：Introduction and application of various polyurethane materials-2
Next：How to judge the quality of high-density sponge
|【Return to list】|